New this fall — Lantana Community Music is excited to offer music readiness classes for preschoolers! These classes are designed to give 3 and 4 year olds a head start on piano skills before they graduate to traditional private lessons, but are also appropriate as a general music appreciation class.
Class sizes are very small — just 4 students — so that each child can receive a few minutes of individual instruction at the piano in addition to group activities. Through a variety of songs and games, students will explore:
- Keyboard geography
- How to read/clap simple rhythms
- Identification of high/low, loud/soft, long/short sounds
- The music alphabet
- Names of lines/spaces in treble & bass
- Dynamics (pianissimo, piano, forte, fortissimo)
- Good “piano posture”
- Proper hand position at the piano
- How to play a few simple tunes
- Students should be at least 3 years old when classes begin in September (4 year olds welcome too!)
- For liability reasons, students must be able to use the restroom without assistance (if student might
require help, parent should remain on the premises during class)
- Access to a piano at home is highly recommended
Time & Location
Class will be held on Thursdays, 12:30 – 1:15pm at Miss Corinne’s home studio in South Denton. Classes begin September 1, 2016.
Fees & Registration
Tuition is $70/month, with an annual supply fee of $30. To register for classes or request more information please call: (940) 597-4411.